It had been months since Nintendo had taken the time to communicate "directly" with its community. Today, the Japanese manufacturer splits a Nintendo Direct "Mini" of just under half an hour, giving new information on titles already announced. If you were expecting a big revelation, sorry but no big announcement was made today. However, this is an opportunity to see more on some big titles on Switch, like the remake of the excellent Xenoblade Chronicles.
The trailer to remember
Animal Crossing and Pokémon Sword and Shield: more details
- Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition will be released on May 29 and will even contain a unique epilogue, probably used to make the link with Xenoblade Chronicles 2. The pre-order is open now.
- Bioshock, Xcom and Borderlands , three flagship 2K series, will arrive on Nintendo Switch as of May 29.
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 continues to roll out its content, with new playable characters included in the roster.
- Capcom announces Shinsekai: Into the Depths , a new exploration game with metroidvania 2.5D skills, in a submerged and very dangerous world.
- Animal Crossing new Horizons will soon welcome the Easter update! For the occasion, the villagers will be able to try to recover eggs everywhere on the island.
- Catherine Full Body arrives on Switch: while fans of Atlus games are still waiting for Persona 5 Royale on the hyrbid console, the publisher still balances her visual novel X hardcore puzzle game. Released June 7.
- A free update is coming for Ring Fit , with a rather original new mode, since it will allow you to use the year during a rhythm mini-game on certain emblematic tracks of Nintendo. Available now.
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate will welcome an Arms character for the start of this second Fighters Pass. We don't yet know exactly who it will be, but we will necessarily have the right to a detailed video of Sakurai before its release. At the same time, Big N announces that Arms will be available for free from March 26 to April 6.
- Bravely Default 2 offers itself a first trailer with a penciled graphic style of the best effect of the chibi characters. Released in 2020 and, surprise, a demo is available on the eshop.
- Many announcements of oldies and ports for the Nintendo Switch eshop, with Star Wars in particular and the frantic episode Racer, or other third party games like Saints Row 4 Reelected or Burnout.
- The Nintendo Direct Mini ends with new details on the first Pokémon Sword & Shield expansion pack that will be released in late June. For more details, please refer to the news at the beginning of the article.