Since Tom Nook's teasing announcement in 2019 of an Animal Crossing game for Nintendo Switch, fans around the world have been waiting weeks and weeks to discover the upcoming game. It was in June 2019 that E3 revealed the first trailer for Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Animal Crossing New Horizons will be released on 20 March 2020 for Nintendo Switch.
You land on a deserted island and must pitch your tent in order to "survive" the harsh laws of life. Tom Nook will obviously ask you for a few bells in exchange for a more suitable place to live.
It seems we can travel to other islands? Maybe we'll learn more about the game with the upcoming Nintendo Direct.
It's been a long waiting time but here it is: the famous Animal Crossing Direct will take place in two days and will offer us 25 minutes of presentation.
Official Website Description
If the hustle and bustle of modern life’s got you down, Tom Nook has a business venture up his sleeve that he knows you’ll adore: his brand-new, ultra-exclusive Nook Inc. Deserted Island Getaway Package!
Sure, you’ve crossed paths with colourful characters near and far. Had a grand old time as one of the city folk. May’ve even turned over a new leaf and dedicated yourself to public service! But deep down, isn’t there a part of you that just longs for…freedom? A chance to do what you want, when you want? Then perhaps a long walk on the beach of a deserted island, where a rich wealth of untouched nature awaits, is just what the doctor ordered!
Peaceful creativity and charm await as you roll up your sleeves and make your new life whatever you want it to be.
Collect resources and craft everything from creature comforts to handy tools. Embrace your green thumb as you interact with flowers and trees in new ways. Set up a homestead where the rules of what goes indoors and out no longer apply.
Make friends with new arrivals, enjoy the seasons, pole-vault across rivers as you explore, and more!
- Customise your character and home, and decorate the landscape (with furniture, if you like!), as you create your very own island paradise.
- Experience a robust new crafting system – collect materials to construct everything from furniture to tools!
- Enjoy a variety of relaxing activities like gardening, fishing, decorating, interacting with charming NPCs, and more, as classic Animal Crossing experiences come to life in fun new ways within the deserted-island setting.
- Up to eight players can reside on an island; four residents of the same island can play together simultaneously on a single system.
- Eight players can play together on one player’s island via online multiplayer or local wireless.
As in every game of the franchise, it will be possible to place furniture at home but also ... outside! Your inventory will be directly accessible via your smartphone.
Big news: Crafting is coming to Animal Crossing! You'll be able to unlock Do It Yourself recipes.
Check out our complete guide to Crafting DIY Recipes in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Here is also a list of Receipes, materials and tools.
It's a point system unlocked according to the activities you perform in the game! You can then exchange them for rewards.
Other new features
- The seasons are now available according to your hemisphere. For example, players in Australia will have snow during the month of June.
- A co-op system will be available in the game! Up to 8 players will be able to be on the same island, either locally or online.
- Thanks to your smartphone, you will be able to take pictures of yourself (alone or with friends) and you will have filters at your disposal.
Recently, a non-exhaustive list of the animals present in the game was communicated.
Redesigned colors, improved rendering and fully modified clothing: more than 100 villagers had a facelift before joining the adventure on Animal Crossing New Horizons!