Apex Legends should see a turning point in its competitive scene as Electronic Arts and Respawn Entertainment revealed the formation of the Apex Legends Global Series.
The esport side of Apex Legends has been overlooked since the game released last February. Almost a year after, we'll finaly see a real major competitive circuit on the game. The series will be a mixed between online and live events only opened to PC players of over 60 countries worldwide.
Apex Global Series Legends Overview
- Initially features 12 global live events throughout the year
- The first Online Tournament takes place on January 25, 2020
- The first live Major takes place on March 13-15, 2020
- A total prize pool of more than $3 million
- PC Players from more than 60 countries are eligible to compete
- Get started by registering for the Global Series today
Apex Legends Global Series Process
Online Tournaments will be your entry point into the Apex Legends Global Series. During these competitions you can earn Apex Legends Global Series Points and qualify for live events.
These live event, called Challenger Events, are regional competitions that will put on the spot local players and award the winners with a reserved spot in the upcoming Major.
Premier Events are live events pitting the top online competitors from each global region against one another to earn placement invitations to Majors.
Finally, Majors are events during which best teams around the world compete for the largest prize pools throughout the year. These Grand Finals will crown the best Apex Legends players in the world.
Apex Legends Global Series Schedule
- January 25 and 27, 2020: Online Tournament — Qualifying for Major #1
- February 29 and March 2, 2020: Online Tournament — Qualifying for Premier Event #1
- March 13-15, 2020: Major #1 — Esports Stadium, Arlington, TX, USA ($500,000 prize pool)
All Apex Legends Global Series events will be live-streamed. You'll be able to watch your favorite teams and players online or — if you want to support them aloud — you'll also be able to travel to see them in person. More details about how it'll work will be released soon by Respawn Entertainment.