During your adventure in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, you will meet a certain Celeste. She will give you a construction plan to make a magic wand — but you need star fragments to make one! But how do you get them?
How to see shooting stars
To obtain star fragments, you will first need to observe shooting stars in the sky.
- Wait until it is night and the sky is clear.
- By using the left joystick upwards, your camera will allow you to observe the entire starry sky.
- You can then either wait until you see a shooting star in the sky or use this technique:
Stroll around your island as usual and turn up the sound. Shooting stars are rather easy to spot because they make a very special ringing sound. Once you hear the "tliiiing", you won't have time to look up to the sky to observe the star. Don't panic, shooting stars always arrive in a burst of 3 to 5 stars. So here is how you must proceed to get at least one of them:
- Wait for the "tliing"
- Disconnect the tool you are holding in your hands (via the inventory or by pressing the bottom arrow on your left Joy-Con).
- Raise your eyes to the sky with the camera (left joystick up)
- Wait until you see more shooting stars in the sky (there will be two or three more after the "tling").
- As soon as you see a shooting star in the sky, press A: your character will then make a wish and the star will shine brighter.
There's no limit to the number of shooting stars a night. You can make as many wishes as you like.
How to get the reward
The reward for making a wish is a star fragment. For every shooting star, you get one fragment.
To find them, you just have to wait until the next morning. Then walk around the beach of your island and you will see that there are star fragments waiting for you on the sand. All you have to do is pick them up.