If you're a big fan of the series, you've probably already dreamed about your island's layout in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Likewise, there are surely certain animals or neighbors you prefer to others, or a fruit you would like to see grow in abundance on your island. Don't panic — it's possible to reset your game until you are satisfied. That being said, the process is quite long, because you'll have to:
- Replay the beginning of the game (such as choosing your nickname and appearance);
- Choose an island layout among the four proposals (you can reset the game directly if you don't like any of them);
- Land on the island and discover which two neighbors will accompany you.
How to Reset the Game
If you stop right after landing on the island, you can directly quit the game as it won't save — just quit and restart the game, there's no need to turn off the console.
Be careful, because the game's automatic save feature will start shortly after your arrival on the island.
Here are the three things you can change by resetting:
- Your island's layout;
- The fruit you'll start with;
- The two neighbors who will join you.