His Goku has shown many times in the manga and anime that eating well is important to be fit for combat, and this is still true in Dragon Ball Z Kakarot. You'll need to travel around the world to get your hands on new recipes and ingredients before going to see Goku's wife, Chichi, to prepare a full-course meal for you. These provide permanent stats bonuses, making it an important step in preparing your team for the next challenge, whether it's for the next boss, or against Mira.
Don't overlook dishes that offer powerful but temporary bonuses, which you should put to good use, such as unlocking an experience bonus before you go farming or fighting a boss.
Unlock full-course recipes
Most of the recipes will be unlocked automatically as the story progresses. For the rest, you'll either need to talk to a specific NPC or complete a sub story, the very long Attacked Villager sub story in particular.
Here's what you need to do to unlock some of Chichi's full-course recipes.
- Ramen Course: Speak with Foodie West of Central Plains
- Pasta Course: Speak to Calm Man southwest of Central Plains
- Seafood Course: Complete the Attacked Villager sub story
- Ramen & Rice Course: Speak with Gourmet at Satan City
- Deluxe Seafood Course: Speak with Fisherman outside of West City
- Deluxe Pasta Course: Speak with Sweet Old Woman at Satan City
- Special Meat Course: Speak with Gentle Old Woman at World Tournament Area
- Super Deluxe Meat Course: Complete Anxious Android sub story
- Super Deluxe Seafood Course: Speak with Gentle Girl at World Tournament Are
- Premium Meat Course: Complete Buu the Bottomless Pit sub story
- Premium Seafood Course: Complete the Frequently attacked villager sub story
- Heavenly Ramen Course: Complete the Perpetually attacked villager sub story.
Complete meals are, as the name implies, combinations of dishes. You will have to go step by step and have Chichi cook the dishes requested in the first tab before you can combine them. In other words, a large quantity of ingredients will be needed. We suggest that you hunt the dinosaurs you come across, fly in the trees and in the fields, catch wolves, gazelles and other animals, and fish a handful of times in each water hole. Then go to the merchants to buy what you need. Farm Zeni is a simple way to gather most of the ingredients.
Cooking community board
Don't forget that you can develop the cooking community board to get higher bonuses. To do so, you'll need to place the soul emblems and use the gifts you've obtained during your adventures. If you're a fan of optimization, you can move a large number of them into this category just before your meal and then put them back in their place afterwards.